Sunday 18 August 2013

The impossible

Recently a lot of things happened. First I'm going for the phantom of the opera! Have I mentioned this before? I think I did. Never mind, no harm in talking about it again, this time it's concrete--I'm going on Friday, 30 August, to Marina Bay Sands to watch phantom of the opera with Yun Si and Ruo Yun!!! :DDDDDDDD That is like dream come true and I'm sure it will be an epic night.

Now, the trouble is, I happen to have two things right on the day after that. Gosh why must they schedule everything on the Saturday? First is my chess competition which is going to be my last chess comp in NY :( Although knowing that I'll be in a completely chaotic state of mind after returning from phantom of the opera 11 pm in the night I still promised my junior that I'll be going, but...

shit got real I got into the second round of SJPO 2013. Yes it is totally unexpected because I'm not that good in physics and I'm not even in the physics olympiad training programme. Ironically I'm in the Chemistry Olympiad training programme but I didn't get into the second round of that. But that will be a different story. Furthermore I also screwed up my physics block test two this time so it really came as a surprise. I was happy for a while but when I look at the questions for the special round I fainted. Nah ι‡εœ¨ε‚δΈŽ I'm happy that I can get into second round it's good enough already.

Still I'm going for it which happen to be on 31 Angust AS WELL. That just made that day after phantom of the opera totally disastrous and will boil off any joy left from the wonderful musical. And I have to cancel my participation in the chess tournament as well. Not sure if it is a good or bad thing. All I know is that I will get the same amount of brain contusion no matter which one I attend to. And I should probably study a bit for the special round now so I'll not die a horrible gruesome death.

--------------------------Random Divider---------------------------

And honestly speaking I do like physics, just not the mechanics part. No. The one and only part of physics I find fascinating is modern physics, like all the mind-boggling ideas, quantum theory, general and special theory of relativity, black holes, time and space, string theory...gosh won't the sound of them just make all of your hairs stand? #geekandIknowit but sadly I don't think I'm going to pursue a career in it. Not due to lack of interest but lack of skills. I mean, I already did badly enough for my block test. And my maths is bad. I'm really afraid of the advanced mathematics coming in my way if I'm going to study physics, because maths is the language of physics. I just don't think I have the brain, you know. Maybe one day, I'll be sitting on a sofa and pointing to the documentary, telling my kids: "Isn't that a wonderful theory?"

P.S. I was randomly doing 75% of the questions in physics O. For question that I have no clue about at all, including those where there are no repeated answer in options and stuff, I just put down C. Yup, because according to research, teachers prefer B and C more than A and D. I guess the theory of C helped.

I have a cat named SJPO. It is both dead and alive now. Shall open the box on 31 August 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment